Friday, January 10, 2014

A Few of My Favourite Things

I am trying to put my new year's resolutions into action (mixed success and failure so far) but I am doing well with one other small resolution which I forgot to add to my list of goals for the year. I am keeping a gratitude log, writing down three things a day for which I am grateful. I won't post all of them, but here are a few highlights from the first week:

- a pair of new skinny jeans that fit perfectly, bought in the sale for less than half price

- omelette with spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms (healthy and tasty)

- Soap and Glory shower cream (apart from the day I accidentally used it as shampoo while half asleep. It is good on bodies but not on hair!)

- no longer being overweight

- Marie's sense of humour

- a new colleague at work who is fast becoming a new friend

- a traffic free journey to work

- soft, comfy winter pyjamas

- realising chopped dates work well in porridge

- coffee with a friend after Mass

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

All good things - hurrah for new friends and old :)

Sarah said...

It's so good to remember our blessings, even during hard times.