Thursday, June 30, 2011

Train Update

Thank you to eveyone who commented on my Train or Car? post a week or two ago - lots of votes for the train. Well, I made a decision ...

Train. AND car.

I had decided on the train option, thinking that as a back-up if I was running late I could drive to another station which would cut out the need to change trains and so shave a bit off the travel time. That station doesn't have any station parking (expensive!), but I discovered there is a small free car park less than 100 yards away. I looked up ticket prices, and found that a season ticket from that station is half the price of a ticket from our local station - more than enough to compensate for the cost of petrol to drive there and back. Depending on traffic, it should take 10 to 15 minutes to drive there, which is about the same as the walk to our local station. This option will cut the journey time by 20 minutes each way, and I will still get an hour a day on the train to study. Best of both worlds.

Meanwhile, I still don't have a start date - the wheels of paperwork are churning slowly. I'm guessing another couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Oh that sounds like a good plan! Glad you found a way forward... and back :)