Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: 26th October

Outside My Window ... a miserable, wet morning, following a frost last night.
I am thinking ... that this year I must print out all my Daybooks and put them in an album.

From the learning rooms ... half term holiday for all three girls this week. After another week of dithering, Star finally made her decision and has settled on School B for next year. I filled in the online application form this morning, so that should be that (although it isn't our catchment school, it usually has spare capacity and she is pretty much guaranteed to get a place there).

I am thankful ... that Tevye recovered from a nasty, headachey virus thing before we went to Budapest, and I waited until after we came back to go down with it (fortunately not as badly). Star and Cherub both have colds, so I think we will all be glad of  a quiet, lazy day.

From the kitchen ... all topsy-turvey this week as it is half term and we are out of routine. I think maybe cottage pie for dinner tonight.

I am wearing ... black and white pyjamas, black and white stripey socks, blue dressing gown. We are all having a pyjama morning.

I am creating ... my cardigan (body and front border complete, just the sleeves to go); my brother's socks (one sock done, the second started); and I am about take a diversion to knit a hooded scarf for Angel (super chunky yarn, so should be a very quick knit).

I am going ... to have a busy couple of months, with Mum's knee surgery, more school open evenings (sixth form for Angel this time), orchestra concert, gym competitions, band commitments, dance show and Christmas. Busy, but - mostly - fun.

I am reading ... Pamela reminded me about these books and I took The Tale of Holly How to read while we were away. In the end I never even got started, so I'm intending to read it this week.

I am hoping ... that I can get all, or at least the great majority, of my Christmas shopping done by the end of November

I am hearing ... Cherub playing with her dolls and beanie babies.

Around the house ... stuff spilling out of the older girls' cases, which neither of them have bothered to unpack. The living room looks as though the doll section of a toy shop has exploded.

One of my favorite things ... school holidays. I like having my girls home.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... Yesterday (Monday): a 60th birthday part for an old friend and colleague of Michael's; Today (Tuesday): as little as possible, though I think Angel may have plans to go shopping with a couple of friends; Thursday: record office; Friday: taking Cherub and Little-Friend-N to the zoo for the day, and Angel is spending the day on a gymnastics coaching course; nothing much planned for the weekend.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing ...  a Budapest taster. More to come once I have uploaded pictures to Flickr.

  Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman

1 comment:

Pamela said...

What a gorgeous picture - can't wait to see more! Here's an interesting site for turning your blog/blog entries into a book - http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html - probably a US option only on this one but I'm sure there must be similar sites in the UK.