Friday, September 03, 2010

7 Quick Takes: 3rd September



1. When it comes to performing tasks, some people are goal oriented and some are process oriented. Cherub is clearly one of the former. Playing mini golf yesterday, her goal was to get the ball into the hole as quickly as possible despite very limited skills with an over sized putter. She achieved it very efficiently by simply skipping the obstacles and starting with the ball twelve inches away from the hole. Who needs the process when they can just cut to the end game!
 
2. I was efficient and double-checked on Wednesday that Star had everything she needed for school on Thursday. No school jumper. After rushing out to buy a replacement, only to find her size was out of stock, the missing jumper turned up at a friend's house where she had abandoned it on the last day of the summer term.

3. My inner proof reader is struggling with my work at the record office. I am transcribing tithe records, and having to faithfully copy random capitalisation without correcting it is torture!

4. Hearing plaintive squawks from the bathroom, Star went to investigate. She found Cherub had somehow tangled the toilet roll with the toilet brush. She laughed. Cherub's aggrieved response ... "it's not funny, it's a disaster!"

5.  Favourite quote of the week (HT: Mrs Wookie):

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

6. Angel, holding out a hand in my direction: "Mum, can you pull my arm?" ... baffled, I obliged. Turned out what she really wanted was for me to stretch the sleeve on her school jumper!

7. And now, Cherub and I are off to Legoland for the day as a special treat before she starts school on Monday.

Visit Conversion Diary  for more quick takes

3 comments:

PixieMum said...

I have heard that if yuo leave it near closing time to leave the queues to exit the car park are horrendous.

One Mum I know thought queues for exhibits would be shorter later in the day but any benefit was lost in time taken to leave.

Having said that, enjoy your day with Cherub, the few times I'm out with my daughter, now aged 27, it's a 'Mummikins and Martha' day.
Sadly doesn't happen too often, she has never wanted to be really close to me.

Sarah said...

Hope you had fun at Legoland.

And I rather love that quote too. :)

Sarah said...

Oh and you got a job? Congrats!

My inner proof-reader would be in revolt.