Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Henry the Great

Since his arrival last year, Henry II has been smiling away happily in the cupboard under the stairs, in between running out to hoover up the muck and debris we produce for him.

He has now proved beyond all doubt that he is made of sterner stuff than his unlamented predecessor - the one I murdered by feeding it the strap from Star's school bag. Today I hoovered a bit too close to a cleaning rag left lying on the floor (do you detect a pattern here?), and ... slurp ... it was gone. All the way up the tube. In the blink of an eye.

Did Henry falter? Not in the slightest! Not a hint of indigestion. Not so much as a burp. He didn't even flinch when I disembowelled him to fish the cloth out of his stomach.

I told you I love Henry.

And Henry will be getting his reward. He will soon be a very happy hoover.

Watch this space ...

2 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

We love our Henry too - he's slurped up cloths, scarves, gloves, lego.... and then continued on unconcerned.

But on Sunday I minded a 19month old who ADORED Henry and shouted enthusiastically with arms upraised... "Hoooo VER!" whenever he was allowed to turn Henry on or off. So much fun for such little work on my part :)

Anonymous said...

Lol vacuum cleaner. I'm thinking, "She's dug up Henry II and put him in her cupboard?" :)

I'm a bit slow sometimes.