Friday, February 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday

____________________

1. My sole effort for Valentine's Day tomorrow - buying a cute box of heart shaped jelly sweets for Angel to take to a sleepover tomorrow. And that was only because I happened to spot them in Ikea.
___________________

2. Star burped. Little Cherub immediately piped up "pardon you!". Sadly it seems my children start off well, but as they get older, their manners deteriorate.
___________________

3. My brother, who has many practical skills but is not an electrician, volunteered to cap off an old, unused light fitting in our living room while I had a cup of tea with K-next-door. Just as I was about to drink my tea, he knocked sheepishly to tell me there had been an "explosion" in the fuse box when he switched the electricity back on. He got a little over confident while putting the wires into a little plastic thingummy meant to keep them separate, and the live wires ended up too close together. So close that they touched, and ... kerboom! No lights. He was hugely impressed that I not only had the right fuse wire in my toolbox, but was able to fix the fuse. To be honest, so was I.
___________________

4. My daughters are very impressed with this Cadbury's advert. It is certainly eyecatching. And possibly hugely irritating, but I can't quite make up my mind. (Warning: Offensive comments on YouTube)
___________________

5. Why are books like buses? You wait ages for a good one, and then several come along at once.
___________________

6. Jo Jingles class leader, talking the children through the "eyes, and ears, and mouth, and nose" stage of Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes: "What are our eyes for?". Cherub, bouncing up and down triumphantly: "Glasses!"
___________________

7. Our snow is finally disappearing. Last night's snow showers turned to rain overnight and the temperature is supposed to rise on Sunday. Today it was bright and sunny and almost ... almost ... springlike. Or have I just reached the point where anything less than snow and ice seems to herald spring?
___________________

Read more quick takes at Conversion Diary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true about the books & buses. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lol! Eyes are for 'glasses!'.

That Cadbury advert freaks me out!

Melanie Bettinelli said...

We've had a thaw in the past few days as well. Bella is convinced it's spring, despite my efforts to convince her otherwise. And I rather feel the same after almost two solid months of snow on the ground.

Karen Edmisten said...

I'm going to have to deposit the ad in the hugely irritating box. :-)