Thursday, August 14, 2008

Double Digits

Yesterday was Star's tenth birthday, so I now have two daughters who have reached double digits. She wanted to celebrate with a trip to the ice rink with friends - typical of Star to pick something so un-summery - followed by a party at home. Usually birthdays mean a trip or a party. I'm not quite sure how she managed to swing that!


Ten year old taste in footwear ... red plimsolls and Spongebob Squarepants socks. Her birthday requests included anything red, anything to do with penguins, and anything Spongebob. (Angel at the same age would have wanted anything pink, and girly stuff!). I wish I could have got a photo of Little Cherub wearing the red shoes and an oversized red bag, clutching a Spongebob beanie baby, but she had abandoned them by the time I managed to get the camera.

Waiting to get on the ice ...


The mummy game ...


Blowing out candles ...

3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Happy Birthday Star!

Now get your Mum to change her sidebar :)

Sweetness and Light said...

Happy b-day to an awesome double-digit girl!! I love the red shoes, too cute ;-)

Melanie Bettinelli said...

I remember opting for ice-skating for an August birthday many years ago. Then again, a blazing August in Texas makes one rather crave the chill of the ice-rink. Happy birthday to the double digits girl who has the great taste to share my birth month!