Thursday, May 31, 2007

Computer problems

I am still fighting a battle with electronic gremlins

  • The DVD drive on my new laptop is faulty. This means I should be able to return it under the warranty, but first I need to find a Mac friendly home finance programme so that we can abandon Windows for good (all our money stuff is currently on MS Money).
  • Our wireless router is dead; the spare one we were loaned is faulty. I have a wired internet connection thanks to a modem scrounged from my Mum, but we can't use the laptop on line. (No DVD drive and no internet connection renders it almost entirely useless - though it can still run MS Money!)
  • My email is playing up. Some mail sent to me is bouncing, but not all. A friend who uses the same ISP said that some of her sent mail is not going through and the ISP say there is a fault they are "working on". I have a suspicion that the same thing may be happening here ... so if you are trying to contact me or don't get mail from me, the great black hole of cyberspace may be swallowing it. (Catherine, I did get your note; Karen, I didn't get the email you were trying to sent me. Ugh!)

2 comments:

MAB said...

I have used Quicken from Intuit to manage my money for over 15 years. There is a Mac version and I have never had any complaints about it. http://www.intuit.com

The Bookworm said...

Thank you! I'll check it out.