Monday, February 06, 2006

New Year Resolutions: January Progress Report

Slightly belatedly, here is my progress report for January. From now on, I'm planning to post an update at the end of each month.

Faith: Doing well on the whole. I have got into a regular habit of saying evening prayer, and after a bad start I'm getting there with morning prayer. It isn't happening every single day as mornings are still unpredictable, but I have hopes that I'll get there.

Family: I need to go back to the drawing board on this one. The plan for individual read alouds and time with each girl didn't work out. I had intended to do this in the afternoon, but ended up letting it slip because I was tired. I have given up and gone back to reading a fiction book aloud during our morning school time. Angel gets more one-on-one time than Star, largely because she goes to bed later. I have to find a way of fitting one-on-one time with Star into our day - either by slotting it into our routine, or simply by being more tuned in to opportunities to spend time doing things with her. Right now she needs that, and isn't getting it. Tevye and I didn't manage a night out in January, but our long weekend away in February will more than compensate.

Fitness: A complete bust due to coughing, puffing and generally being under the weather. I'm still full of good intentions, and beginning to feel as though I can face exercise again, even if I don't manage anything more than gentle swimming, so I have hopes for February.

Formation: Success! I managed to fit in both the science book and the spiritual reading - a book about the Rosary (review coming up).

Fun: Sort of managed this one, though I cheated a little. I'm counting my whole day of scrapbooking as the equivalent of one hour a week. Next month will be tougher as I can't make it to my friend's crop.

Overall score? I'd say about 5 out of 10. Better than nothing, but still plenty of room for improvement. Just imagine how badly I would have done if I hadn't been using this blog to keep myself accountable.

No comments: